+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Error: Failed to load policy file from xmlsocket://10.3.0.21:9898

Thanks

Error: Failed to load policy file from xmlsocket://10.3.0.21:9898

I am trying to make a game in flash, whenever I try to run the swf file locally using the flash IDE, and connect to ES$ it works fine,
    but if the ES4 is not online then I get the onConnect eventlistner and the connection successful = false.
    but when I try to run the swf file outside the IDE I just cant get the onConnect eventlistner trigger when the ES4 is not online.

so is there a way I get a onConnect (connection =false) when server is not online.

this is the error i get

Connection:init()
    Error: Failed to load policy file from xmlsocket://10.3.0.21:9898
    Error: Request for resource at xmlsocket://10.3.0.21:9898 by requestor from file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mayur.Gala/Desktop/gopal/StarGaze/StarGaze%2DES4%2Dv2.swf has failed because the server cannot be reached.
    *** Security Sandbox Violation ***
    Connection to 10.3.0.21:9898 halted - not permitted from file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mayur.Gala/Desktop/gopal/StarGaze/StarGaze%2DES4%2Dv2.swf

sorry for the bad english , please some one save me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 1,151 Posts
    If the ES4 is running, and you try to run a swf that is on your hard drive instead of a website, you have to have set your Flash global security settings to allow sockets from that area of your hard drive.

I'm not sure what can be done if that doesn't fix it for you, for local use. For a website, you can open port 843 and that usually helps. See this article from Adobe on policy files.

I suppose that you could try putting your connection into a try/catch block. I know that a lot of ES4 projects just have a timer and if they don't hear a connection response within so many seconds they assume it failed. With ES5 there's a way to configure the built-in timeout for the connection response.
    Teresa Carrigan
    Senior Software Developer
    Janus Research Group, Inc.
    previously
    Senior Engineer
    Electrotank, Inc.

Thanks
    thank you,for quick reply
    I think so I will have to put a timeout option on my own

+ Reply to Thread