+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Updated Old World editor for Jobe's book

Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,150 Posts

Updated Old World editor for Jobe's book

We have a new version of the map editor for Jobe Makar's book available. Download it from http://www.electrotank.com/gamebook/
    Teresa Carrigan
    Senior Software Developer
    Janus Research Group, Inc.
    previously
    Senior Engineer
    Electrotank, Inc.

Thanks

ES.4 / Old World / running issues

I was playing with an Old World as I was reading the book of Jobe Makar. Installed ES4. Set up its swc library in FlashDevelop. Ran it from within FlashDevelop. It did not find any internal errors, but still... the result is almost 0.

I can't get further than the Intro Page :entering a login and pass and clicking Send freezes my Flash Player completely. Alternatively, clicking on Register button allows to proceed to Avatar design window, but once I enter login and pass there and click send it nothing happens.

Trying to play with it with Flash Player9 gave errors (something about not having right mx.xxxx packages although flexSDK is installed at a right path to it is references, unless it means something else). I had to click Dismiss to get to the game screen just to get the results described above.

Then I installed and played it with Flash 11 player. No flash player errors this time, but the result is just same as above.
    Don't even know where to start, in order to find the problem.
    Any ideas, or clues would be very helpful!!!

Best regards,
    Anne

Thanks
    You installed ES4. Did you deploy the Old World extension and the Old World database, as described in the appendix?
    Teresa Carrigan
    previously
    Senior Engineer
    Electrotank, Inc.

Thanks

Thank you, a game play question...

Oh thank you a lot! I simply did not get to the apendix part! Thank you for pointing it out! It is working now!

The only problem is that while the avatars can purchase items, I cant place these items inside their homes. Is it a bug, or it means that I could not have afforded to purchase that item in the first place?
    In other words, do I get it right that the mechanism of "earning" is not included in the book and it is for a developer to do it? Maybe that is the reason why I cant place items in the room.

Would have helped a lot to see a gameplay demo to know what is included in this wonderful multiplayer game example and what should be developed on top of it....

Thank you a lot in any case!!
    Best best,
    Aneta

Thanks
    Actually, I just got an answer to my question: the first inventory item did not want to go to the floor, but the 2nd, 3rd and all the rest did.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Glad it's working for you! I don't know why the first inventory item doesn't want to be selected, but I've noticed that as well.
    Teresa Carrigan
    previously
    Senior Engineer
    Electrotank, Inc.

+ Reply to Thread