Some time soon (Friday? next week?) we will migrate from our current dotNetBB type forum to a shiny new vBulletin type forum. When this happens, this forum will be locked so that you can't post. Later the same day (if all goes well) I'll post giving the link to the new forum so that you can find it.
Things that will change:
1. Your password will be lost. You will need to click the "forgot my password" link on the new forum so that it can email an autogenerated password to you. This means that you really need to have a valid email address on your account before the move, or else just shrug and register with a different username.
2. All private messages will be lost. If there's important information in your private messages, grab it ASAP.
3. Minor changes: different smilies, neat new features, etc. It might take you a bit of thinking to learn how to find old posts if you aren't already used to vBulletin.
4. Link. If you have this forum bookmarked or linked from a webpage, you will eventually have to update that link. Eventually this forum will poof but it won't happen immediately.
5. Avatars will be lost, however you can probably set one on the new forum (I haven't tested that feature yet).
What will NOT change:
1. Your username (unless you have to register a new one).
2. Your postcount should remain the same, or at least close.
3. All posts and threads should still be here, and all properly formatted CODE and QUOTE tags should still act as proper CODE and QUOTE tags.
4. Teresa will still be here to answer questions!